Homemade Yogurt- Beloved Style
8 cups of milk
2oz or so of yogurt
1. Heat milk until scalded.
2. Cool milk down to body temperature.
3. Stir in the 2oz of yogurt.
4. Put yogurt in your oven with the light on.
5. Warn your family to NOT turn the oven on.
6. Leave the yogurt to-be in the oven overnight. The next morning, it will have coagulated into yogurt.
*note* Skim milk yogurt is very thin. The higher the fat content, the thicker the yogurt.
*not 2* Make sure you save some of your last batch of yogurt for your next batch. Call it your ‘starter.’